Glen Ellyn, IL dentist Dr. John C. Workman provides many general dentistry services focused on keeping your teeth healthy. But regular dental care can’t always prevent dental damage related to age, accidents, or disease. Fortunately, restorative dentistry can reverse the damage.
Dr. Workman can:
- Replace missing teeth
- Repair damaged teeth and protect them from further damage
- Get you out of pain
- Improve your smile’s appearance
- Restore youthfulness to your smile
- Restore your oral function
If you’re worried about discomfort, you needn’t be! Dr. Workman uses a computer-driven tool that precisely administers just the right amount of anesthesia and won’t leave you with unpleasant residual numbness following your procedure. And you can get dental sedation if you want it.
Because it’s important to get your teeth repaired to your satisfaction, Dr. Workman can even offer a free second opinion during a 20-minute consultation. To find out more about how to repair your damaged teeth, call John C. Workman, DDS Dental Artistry at 630-448-8418.
From Chips to Cavities, Fix Your Damaged Smile
Whether you’ve got a cavity or a broken tooth, Dr. Workman can repair your dental damage with smile repairs. Among our services:
Dr. Workman on restorative dentistry Read Transcript
A general dentist can pull together a lot of disciplines to help people get their mouth restored with restorative dentistry. It’s very, very fun and exciting to help someone whose mouth has just been ravaged over time, and help a person realize that they can get their teeth restored back to when they were much younger. Not only what it looks like, but what it functions like and prevent things from breaking down. If you can get to an age where… say you’re 50, 55, and do some really good dentistry. Then you have a good chance of having your teeth with very few problems when you get 80, 90 years old, if you choose to. Rather than just patching holes, you can do some things that will help youand so,restorative dentistry needs not just to be able to choose the materials you want to that are durable and long-lasting, but you have to put those things in people’s mouths so that their bite is harmonious with the way their mouth wants to move and if you do that, you can restore their mouths to health for a long, long time.
- Tooth fillings. Tooth-colored composite fillings fix cavities while blending in seamlessly with your smile. These metal-free fillings contain no mercury and preserve more of your natural tooth structure than amalgam fillings. Learn more by watching this video.
- Inlays and onlays. Also tooth-colored, these restorations work well when cavities are too large for a filling yet not bad enough to require a dental crown.
- Dental veneers. Porcelain veneers, which cover the front surface of teeth, can repair chips, minor breaks, and similar damage.
- Dental crowns. Porcelain dental crowns, which cover your entire tooth, can be used to fix breaks, cracks, and large cavities. They work for cosmetic flaws too, such as discolored or misshapen teeth. See how a crown differs from a filling in this video.
Replace Missing Teeth With Dental Implants & Dental Bridges
If you need to replace missing teeth, you have multiple options, including:
- Fixed dental bridge. You can replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth with a fixed dental bridge. Replacement teeth made of porcelain or zirconia will be securely attached to dental crowns. Unlike dentures, you won’t need to remove a fixed bridge for cleaning.
- Dental implants. You can replace a single tooth, several missing teeth, or even an entire mouthful of teeth with dental implants. They’re embedded into your jawbone, so they provide an incredibly secure foundation for dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures.
No matter what kind of dental damage you have, we’ve got a restorative dentistry solution to fix it! To find out which solution is right for you, call 630-448-8418. Or use our online form to book your visit to our Glen Ellyn, IL dentist office.