An important part of your dental health is the ability to eat your food in comfort. It’s important for your overall health too; it’s hard to eat healthy foods like crisp fruits and vegetables with damaged or missing teeth. Fortunately, our restorative dentistry services will give you the ability to eat all the foods you enjoy, including healthy ones.Dr. Workman on helping a patient who is having difficulty chewing Read Transcript
I might begin the conversation by saying, “Well, help me understand what has to happened for that to hurt when you’re chewing.“ We may ask a couple of questions that would—might help direct us about what we see in the mouth. What’s happening when the tooth begins to hurt, when you’re chewing on it? Is it hard food? Is it hard bread? What is it preventing you from doing with that tooth or when did it hurt? What do you think is causing the problem? I mean, you know, sometimes a patient’s pretty aware of what’s going on in their mouth and then after you get through sharing with me what you think it is, then we’ll do some further testing of the tooth and looking at it to determine exactly what the problem is. We’ve been doing this kind of work with the occlusal problems and bite problems for a long time and it’s very likely we’ll be able to help you get comfortable and be able to get back to where you’re able to eat whatever it is you want to eat. Let’s ask a few questions, then after that, we’ll finish up with some diagnosis of our own and help you get comfortable.
If you’re ready to chew without pain again, call 630-448-8418 for a consultation with Glen Ellyn, IL dentist Dr. John C. Workman. He can even offer a free second opinion on restorative treatments recommended by another dentist!
Recover Your Oral Function With Restorative Dentistry
Whether it’s a broken tooth, a cavity, or a missing tooth that’s preventing you from eating in comfort, one or more of these restorative services will help:
- Dr. Workman can treat a cavity with a tooth filling. We use a tool called DIAGNOdent to find cavities in their earliest stages, when they are easiest to treat.
- Inlays and onlays can be used to repair cavities that are too large for a simple filling but not large enough for a dental crown.
- Porcelain dental crowns can mend all kinds of dental damage, including severe decay, cracks, and breaks.
- Dental bridges can replace a single missing tooth or several adjacent missing teeth. Unlike dentures, you won’t need to remove a bridge for cleaning.
- Dental implants offer chewing power almost as strong as your natural teeth when used with a dental restoration like a dental crown, dental bridge, or dentures.
- Dentures are a reliable tooth replacement option for multiple missing teeth or an entire mouthful of teeth.
Stay Comfortable During Your Treatment
Restorative dentistry procedures can sometimes be complicated or lengthy, depending on the extent of your dental damage. But you’ll remain comfortable no matter which procedures you receive, thanks to our STA Single Tooth Anesthesia System®. It’s computer controlled for foolproof numbing. You can also choose from two types of dental sedation if you need it.
Call 630-448-8418 to find out more about restorative dentistry services at John C. Workman, DDS Dental Artistry.