Just as our Glen Ellyn, IL dental team helps you achieve the highest level of dental health you desire, we want you to be happy with your smile when you look into a mirror. Whether you want to address only the most glaring flaws or get a perfect-looking smile, our cosmetic dentistry services will provide the results you want!
To schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. John C. Workman, call 630-448-8418. He’ll even meet with you to provide a free second opinion on cosmetic treatments recommended by another dentist!
Transform Your Smile With Cosmetic Dentistry
Whether you want a perfect smile or a simple fix, you can choose from lots of cosmetic dental treatments:Dr. Workman on helping a patient who is embarrassed to smile Read Transcript
If a patient told me they’re embarrassed to smile, the most important thing I can do is be totally nonjudgemental with them. I think one of their greatest fears is that someone will judge them, and they’ll put up their hand to their mouth when they smile or they won’t open their lips up to a full, nice smile.
My most important thing is … the first thing, probably, out of my mouth every time would be,“Help me understand why it is that you’re embarrassed about your smile?” There’s a lot of wonderful things we can do today, but the first thing you need to know is what kind of expectations the patient has, and what they want, and what they’re seeing. So we spend a little time, well, we spend a lot of time with the patients figuring out with them what their concerns are and then we can address them.
- Dental veneers are custom-made porcelain “shells” that cover the front surface of teeth and can hide flaws ranging from gaps to chips to worn-down teeth.
- Teeth whitening treatments. We’ll provide custom whitening trays and professional-strength gel for you to use in the convenience of your own home.
- Tooth bonding conceals minor flaws with tooth-colored resin applied directly to your teeth.
- Tooth contouring smoothes rough edges and gives your teeth a symmetrical shape.
- Invisalign straightens your teeth using unobtrusive plastic aligners instead of metal brackets and wires.
Get Your Gums in Great Shape & Remake Your Whole Smile
Once your teeth look great, you may want to improve the look of your gumline too. Dr. Workman can restore gum tissue that’s pulled away from your teeth with a gentle gum recession treatment. If excess gum tissue is your issue, he’ll painlessly remove it using a laser to give your smile an attractive ratio of teeth to gums.
If you’re interested in a complete smile makeover, you can combine cosmetic dentistry procedures to fix multiple smile flaws. We offer several ways for you to preview your beautiful new smile:
- Digital imaging
- Wax models
- An acrylic “trial smile” that you can actually wear on your teeth for a few days
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, call 630-448-8418. Our Glen Ellyn, IL dentist office is located at 45 South Park Blvd., near Panfish Park.