Helping you attain the highest level of dental health you desire starts with a dental exam and cleaning. These routine visits are when Glen Ellyn, IL dentist Dr. John C. Workman:
- Performs a thorough assessment of your oral health
- Looks for signs of trouble such as gum disease and oral cancer
- Builds a relationship with you by discussing your goals and concerns
- Recommends preventive care to keep your teeth healthy, including fluoride treatment and sealants
- Cleans your teeth so they feel and look great
If you don’t want a full exam but are just seeking a second opinion on advice given by another dentist, Dr. Workman can meet with you in a complimentary 20-minute consultation.
To schedule a dental exam and cleaning, call 630-448-8418.
Top Technology Helps Your Dental Health
At John C. Workman, DDS Dental Artistry, we don’t save our advanced dental technology just for complex procedures. Dr. Workman and our team use some of the latest technology for your dental exams and dental cleanings, including:Dr. Workman on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
One of the greatest things that I have in my practice is a very well trained and wonderful hygienist who loves to help people. She’s totally passionate about helping people. She’s Lithuanian, and she has been a hygienist for, I think, almost 12 years now, and I have never had anybody who has received more accolades from patients than this young lady that works for us. But what you can expect from her is a very thorough cleaning in today’s environment where dentists are trying to see patients in every half hour. We spend a whole hour with our patients because we know it takes a little time to actually do a quality cleaning for patients.
But the cleaning’s only part of it. Sitting down with a patient and talking to them about what you see, areas they’ve missed, what would work in their hands to be able to keep their teeth cleaner. When people keep their teeth cleaner at home, and have a relationship with us to help them do that, the hygienist can’t go home with you and brush your teeth every day, and she has to spend time helping you see where the areas that you need to improve on at home. Not in a judgmental sense, but just working with you and saying these are things that we could improve on if you’d like, because that will mean you’ll have less dentistry.
You’ll have a healthier mouth because you’re treating the cause of the disease, and that includes decay and gum disease. If you can take care of that at home really well, and we can add to that by keeping the little crusty’s off of your teeth, make it easy for you to clean when you’re at home. You see a huge difference in the health of patient’s mouths who are committed to that, of doing what they need to do at home, and coming on a regular basis and having their teeth cleaned by a really good hygienist.
- Digital X-rays, for fast and accurate images using only a fraction of the radiation of traditional X-rays. And you won’t have to get bulky paper in your mouth.
- DIAGNOdent cavity detector, to help us find cavities when they are easiest to treat.
- Intraoral cameras, to see all the hidden nooks and crannies in your mouth. And we can share images with you on a computer monitor during your exam to help you better understand your treatment options.
- Cavitron ultrasonic scaler, which uses high-frequency sound waves to remove stubborn plaque from your teeth. Your teeth will get clean with less scraping!
You’re Always Comfortable In Our Office
Whether you’re getting a dental exam or a dental procedure, you’re always comfortable in our Glen Ellyn, IL dentist office. Help yourself to bottled water, tea, or coffee while you wait. And use our complimentary Wi-Fi access for email, checking news headlines, or other online activities. During your dental exam and cleaning, you can cozy up with a pillow and blanket, and if you’d like headphones for listening to music while we work, just ask!