Our goal at John C. Workman, DDS Dental Artistry is to help you attain the highest level of dental health you desire. That starts with offering lots of general dentistry services that aim to keep your teeth and mouth healthy with preventive care. Our routine services include:
- Dental exams to evaluate your dental health and discuss your dental goals with you
- Dental cleanings to remove the plaque and tartar that cause tooth decay and gum disease
- Fluoride treatments to reduce tooth sensitivity and help prevent cavities
- Nutritional counseling that can help you make dietary changes to improve your oral health
- Dental sealants to help protect back teeth and other tough-to-reach areas from decay
- Gum disease treatment to return your gums to good health
For more information about treatment options in Glen Ellyn, IL, call 630-448-8418.
Our Services Ease Discomfort & Improve Oral Health
Many uncomfortable conditions can lead to more serious dental consequences. If you’ve got dry mouth or halitosis (bad breath), Dr. John C. Workman will help determine the root causes of the problems, suggest products such as Biotene® that can alleviate the symptoms, and advise you on oral hygiene changes that will improve your dental health. For instance, brushing your tongue can make significant improvements with bad breath!Dr. Workman on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry is actually being able to provide dentistry that encompasses a lot of different disciplines in dentistry. Whereas a specialist might just do one thing, a general dentist does a lot of things and so has to be pretty well versed, and that’s important to the patient because oftentimes patients come with a lot of different problems. Although you may ask specialists to help you get the patient where they want to go, the general dentist in my opinion is the quarterback making sure that all of these things are done in the right sequence, that they’re taken care of in the appropriate way so that you can give the patient a sure feeling of being able to get to where they want to be as far as their dental health is concerned.
Too many times doctors relinquish control of where the patient, what the treatment is and all that, to the specialists, and it doesn’t belong in their lap. What belongs in their lap is their particular specialty, but how that happens and how you accomplish those things really needs to be done by a well-qualified general dentist who understands the steps that need to be taken to accomplish the goals that you and the patient decide are important to them.
If Dr. Workman finds evidence of teeth grinding (bruxism), he’ll likely suggest a custom nightguard for you. In addition to preventing damage to tooth enamel, nightguards can also alleviate painful headaches and other symptoms of TMJ disorder.
Patient Friendly Technology is Always Included
Using the latest dental technology keeps your care not only effective but comfortable too. Our technology includes:
- Digital X-rays, for fast and accurate images using less radiation than traditional X-rays
- Intraoral cameras, for a look at hard-to-reach areas of your mouth
- Soft-tissue laser, to quickly and painlessly remove inflamed gum tissue
- DIAGNOdent cavity detectors, to find cavities with less poking and prodding