Nothing transforms a smile quite like a full-mouth reconstruction. No matter how extensive your dental damage, even if you’re missing most or all of your teeth, Glen Ellyn, IL dentist Dr. John C. Workman can restore your smile to full health and functionality.
In addition to making it possible for you to smile self-confidently again, a smile reconstruction will:
- Enable you to enjoy crunchy, healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables
- Help maintain your bone structure so your face looks younger and your jaw remains strong
- Keep your remaining teeth from shifting out of place, which often causes dental problems
Dr. Workman has performed countless reconstructions in his 30-plus years as a dentist. And he’s received advanced training in dental implants and other restorative dentistry techniques. So he can help you determine which dental restorations are the best choice for you.
He can also perform oral surgery you may need for your full-mouth reconstruction, such as tooth extractions or bone grafts. And you needn’t be nervous about reconstructive dentistry procedures; you can get dental sedation if you want it.
For a consultation with Dr. Workman, call John C. Workman, DDS Dental Artistry at 630-448-8418.
Choose From Lots of Options
Your choices for a full-mouth reconstruction will vary, depending on your oral health, your smile goals, your budget, and other factors. They may include:
Dr. Workman on full-mouth reconstructions Read Transcript
Oftentimes, for whatever reason, a person has either neglected their teeth or they’ve never been helped, in terms of the dentistry that they’ve had done to accomplish things that will help preserve their teeth and smile. And, when they get in that kind of a position, sometimes the mouth is in a really bad state of breakdown. We will not judge you, we will accept you the way you are, and we would love to have the opportunity to show you what modern dentistry can do.
In most cases, especially with the implants—dental implants today, we can restore your mouth back to the way it was when you were much younger, but more importantly, we can restore it in a way, if everything’s harmonious and works together—it’s very important to get that bite right—that you can look at years of a healthy mouth and comfort and have it look nice.
I can’t tell you how many patients, and I’ve been practicing for over 30 years and I have patients that have dentistry that we’ve done over 25 years ago, that still looks good and it’s still healthy. In the beginning, when you’re a new dentist, you can’t say that. You’d like to tell them, “I’m going to do the best for you.”But today, with the experience that we’ve had, we know we can do that and give you teeth that will last a lifetime.
- Dental implants. You can use dental implants in combination with restorations like dental crowns, bridges, and partial or full dentures. You can even get dental implants and dentures in the same day through an innovative procedure called Teeth in a Day®.
- Dentures. You can get lifelike partial or full dentures. When attached to dental implants, your dentures will feel and function just like your natural teeth. No more messy adhesives to keep them in place!
- Dental bridges. A dental bridge will fill a gap left by a missing tooth or teeth. It can be attached to a dental implant for added stability.
- Dental crowns. A dental crown can repair a damaged tooth or, when attached to a dental implant, replace a missing tooth.