While dentures are one of the oldest tooth replacement options, they remain one of the most popular. That’s no surprise, given their advantages:
- You can use them to replace multiple missing teeth or even a whole mouthful of teeth
- They are more affordable than some other tooth replacement options
- They are not as invasive as some other options
- You can remove them for cleaning
- You can attach them to dental implants for added stability
Glen Ellyn, IL dentist Dr. John C. Workman uses high-quality materials and works with talented technicians, so your dentures will look like your natural teeth and fit you well. A good fit is necessary to enjoy full function and maintain your oral health. For dentures that perform almost like your natural teeth, Dr. Workman can attach them to dental implants.
To come in for a consultation, call John C. Workman, DDS Dental Artistry at 630-448-8418.
Choose Traditional Dentures or Dental Implant Dentures
Your denture choices range from traditional removable full and partial dentures to the latest dental implant dentures, including an innovative Teeth in a Day® procedure that enables you to get dental implants and your replacement teeth in a single day. No more waiting for months for implants to heal! Dr. Workman has years of hands-on experience with both dentures and dental implants, so he can help you determine the option that will work best for you.Dr. Workman on dentures Read Transcript
For many years, I thought my mother was told by her dentist that she needed to have her teeth out because you’re going to spend a lot of money and why not just get them out? You’re going to lose them anyway. That used to be what dentists used to tell people. I know the challenges that people have because I knew the challenges my mother had and other patients, what dentures do for them. As time goes on, because teeth aren’t there, changes take place in the face. The support of the lips and face start getting creases in areas that you otherwise would not have them because the dentures don’t support the face as they get older. Today, with the kinds of things that we have in terms of denture teeth that look like teeth and very fine technicians that can help make dentures look real with different characterizations, a person with a denture can have a nice fitting denture and look nice and comfortable. The better they fit, the less your mouth and lips have to try to control this darn thing.
The thing I really get excited about is that people are really changed. Things really change for them if you can secure these dentures. If the person’s a denture wearer and has been for a long time, they just rave at being able to snap it in and not have to help hold it in with their tongue and cheeks. That’s huge, but also, they’re able to chew a lot better. We’d love to do all-on-fours. What that means is there’s four implants and a denture is screwed in and doesn’t come in and out. We do four and put it in and out, if you want. Depends on what you want, but that is a game changer for most patients. What we do there is probably one of the most rewarding things for me because I’m able to help someone really, really have a good experience with their teeth missing. We can restore them to a point where they don’t move around. That really is a rewarding thing for both the patient and me to see that happen for them.
Here are some reasons you may want to consider dental implant dentures:
- Better oral health. Because dental implants stimulate your jaw much like your natural tooth roots, your jawbone will remain stronger with implant dentures.
- Stability. Dental implant dentures won’t slip, because they don’t just sit on your gums. This is an especially big advantage in the lower jaw, where your mouth’s natural suction isn’t as effective at keeping traditional dentures in place.
- Convenient care. Depending on which type of dentures you select, you may never need to remove them for cleaning; you can just brush and floss as usual. And you won’t need any messy adhesives to secure dental implant dentures.
- Feel and functionality. Dental implant dentures feel and function more like your natural teeth. For example, your bite will be nearly as strong as it was before you lost your teeth, perhaps even stronger.
- Versatility. Dr. Workman can attach full dentures or partial dentures to dental implants. Because of his advanced training and expertise with implants, he can attach a full arch of non-removable replacement teeth to just four implants in a procedure called All-on-4®.
No matter which dentures you choose or which procedures are required, you don’t need to worry about discomfort! We take the sting out of anesthesia with a single tooth anesthesia system that allows us to quickly and precisely numb your mouth. And you can also get dental sedation if you want it.
To learn more about all of your dentures options, call 630-448-8418. Our Glen Ellyn, IL dentist office is located near Panfish Park and Village Links of Glen Ellyn.